Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Perfume Ban



There comes a time in a young ladies life, when she must let go ... of past hurts, baggage and perfumes. The perfumes that elder siblings bestowed unto her because they did not like the smell. The perfumes that she really doesn't enjoy wearing or even owning, must be laid to rest. Growing up on a philosophy of 'waste not want not' has lead to dangerous collections of things that really have little to no use. 

I say, that this is the time to change. This is the time to finally finish the bottles that have plagued my cabinet for good. In order, to start a new beginning ... a fresher existence where I am, the creator of my own persona and buy my own perfumes. 

... Basically I'm attempting to finish all, or at least most of the perfumes pictured here. Some I may give away and others I'll use. At the end of this project I hope to once and for all buy a Perfume (just one) that is more up-to-date with my senses. I'll let you in on my search for 'my' fragrance  and how I'm fairing with this challenge :) 

Fragrances in my Ban


  1. Elizabeth Arden Splendor - Eau de Parfum 50ml Finished: 25/11/12 - It  has a sweet floral fragrance that is a bit soapy smelling but, good for all occasions and seasons
  2. Avon Far Away - Eau de Parfum  30ml 
  3. Avon Rare Gold - ? (broke, but only a little bit was left) Finished: 06/10/2012 
  4. Lidl Suddenly - Eau de Parfum 50ml 
  5. Cabotine Eau Fraiche - Eau de Toilette 100ml
  6. Cabotine Blue - Eau de Toilette 50ml 
  7. Chloe Narcisse - Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
  8. Jean Couturier Marjolaine - Eau de Toilette 30ml  Finished: 22/03/2013 - A sweet floral scent that can be a bit overpowering. In minute doses this scent can be very enchanting and warming.
  9. Body Fantasies Coconut Breeze Fantasy 236ml 
...

Using a perfume everyday has not been as challenging as I thought. Don't get me wrong I'm am use to smelling fresh and clean (haha .. ha ) but,  perfume has never been on my 'must do' list. Yet, in the name of minimalism and my long found interest to banish clutter, I stumbled on an easy way to be both frugal and eco friendly.

My method ... using my perfumes as an underarm deodorant and 'perfume'.

The effect, sweet smelling me and no need to buy a deodorant. Yes, I know deodorant is not expensive and yes, a 69p roll-on could do me quite well while I'm on this challenge.

However, roll-ons, deodorants, anti-perspirants etc. have harsh chemicals like aluminium which have been linked to breast cancer and all sorts of lymphatic drainage issues (that are far too long winded and complicated for my evening mortal brain to reconfigure).

... ahem I digress ...

... The only downside to this method is that my underarms are sensitive and the alcohol in the perfume can burn and sting me a little (which some rolls ons do as well).

Ok... the big question ... Do I smell? ... No, I have not had any problems with body odour whilst using my perfume as a underarm sweetener, in fact using it in this manner has actually helped me to remember to use my perfume (because aside from that and my crystal deodorant, I have no other fail safes at hand). When my challenge is over I think I will just stick to the crystal rock (if its really effective, have not tried it for long yet) :).  

Second Edit: I've found that whilst some perfumes (Elizabeth Arden Splendor) worked well with my body chemistry as a perfume/underarm deodorant ... others have not Jean Couturier Marjolane and Avon Far Away (ahem). This means that I have decided to save myself and those close to me (+ the world) ... by buying a deodorant. Yes folks can finally breathe a sigh of relief (myself included).

Yet, keeping up with my healthy no aluminium/alcohol deodorant theme (although the perfumes I was using contained lots of alcohol + I was using that for my underarm ... I know ... I'm so smart) I will try and get my hands on something a bit more eco/natural. I'm still not purchasing any perfumes and will try to use them up ... its just that I'm one of those people who need deodorant in my life or else I (and all who meet me) will suffer. Oh where do I get my crazy ideas from ... (shakes head).

As always I'll keep you posted on my thoughts on this challenge ... :)
   

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar