Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMW Reviews: Revlon Colorstay Foundation with Softflex


 
Drugstore foundations are definitely living up to what consumers were looking for.   Affordability that works hand in hand with quality!  When I was filling up my train case for makeup school, I have used and tried a couple of drugstore foundation and I'm glad I've been making the right decisions and I seldom have a bad purchase when it comes to liquid foundation.

The brand Revlon did not fail me.  My first ever Revlon foundation was the Custom Creations Foundation, in which, I  have to admit, I purchased solely on the genius and unique packaging!  Thank goodness it passed my standards because I hoarded 3 bottles/shades at a time!  Next came Revlon's PhotoReady Liquid Foundation, which has a bit of controversy due to its tiny shimmers, but yours truly doesn't even mind as I find it works really well and most camera loves the finish!

Because of the 2 positive experiences, I did not mind testing yet another foundation from Revlon!  I originally wanted the one for Dry Skin but unfortunately, it's not available locally and I'm left with the Combination/Oily Skin variant which is okay anyways because I plan to use this on clients as I am not much of a liquid foundation user!

How do I feel about this foundation?





Revlon Colorstay Foundation says ---
Want makeup that is flawless and weightless for 16 perfect hours? Revlon has the solution - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex.  Specially formulated for combination or oily skin, this oil-free formula helps control shine all day and gives you flawless looking skin.  Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay formula.  Medium to full coverage, with SPF 6 protection*.
*Golden, Caramel, Toast, Rich Ginger, Cappuccino, Mahogany, and Mocha do not contain SPF.

AMW says ---

Pros
  • thick glass packaging, I actually dropped this and so far, it did not crack on me (thank goodness)
  • foundation does not feel heavy on skin
  • gives medium to full coverage
  • though this is for oily/combination skin, this foundation did not dry up my "dry" skin (moisturize skin prior to application)
  • non-cakey
  • no skin irritations
  • not much touch up is needed
  • makeup lasts the whole day and skin looks fresh
  • a little goes a long way!
  • can double up as concealer due to its great coverage
  • does not settle into fine lines
  • foundation does not transfer onto my clothing or handkerchief
  • does cover spots!
Cons
  • packaging without pump, be careful of product wastage

  • just like any other liquid foundation, can cause breakout if skin is sensitive
  • a bit tricky to find for the right shade
  • if applied too much, creates a white cast on photos
  • if skin is not moisturized well, dry-skinned individuals will find this product flakes on them
Overall
I actually got this shade because it is the safest and easiest shade to mix  and match.  The shade Nude is actually a tad lighter on my skin but for the sake of testing, I've used this for a couple of days.  Once I applied this and went out for a whole day make-up gig in an open-air location, it rained, it shined and there wasn't any chance for me to do some retouching.  After 4 hours straight of hardwork, I took a lunch break and got a good look at myself in a mirror!  Surprise, surprise!  I don't look harassed at all! Just a tiny pat  of powder foundation on my cheek area and I'm ready to face the world again!

The product seriously smells like MAC StudioFix Foundation, I am not  implying that this is the exact dupe of MAC but just to give you idea on how the product smells.  The coverage is great for a drugstore foundation and seriously, a little is enough!  Applying all over my face feels a bit heavy! 

Nice drugstore liquid foundation.  No wonder it gets a lot of raves online.

Tips
from Revlon
  • apply to cleansed skin after you daily moisturizer
  • use your fingertips or applicator, blend foundation onto skin
  • apply starting the center of your face, forehead, nose and chin blending outward
from AMW
  • pat on your preferred setting powder to set the liquid foundation
  • retouch with a patting motion, much better if you use a brush for retouch
  • if shade does not match, feel free to mix and match (practice makes perfect).  Or, you can set this foundation with a darker powder foundation
  • spritz your sponge or brush with water for a lighter application
  • since this product dries up pretty fast, you have to apply quickly 
  • if your skin is not that bad, apply this liquid foundation only on areas you want to cover up (undereye circles, sides of the nose, corners of the mouth and spots), then set with your preferred setting powder!
  • search for a pump!  If you've found one that fits, do share!  I am still on the lookout
  • if you may, apply this all over your face prior to purchasing and wait for 20-30 minutes and check if it oxidizes on your or creates a white cast prior to purchasing a full bottle.
  • cleanse your face well with a cleansing oil or makeup remover as this makeup stays even when washed with regular facial cleanser.  It's not called ColorStay for nothing!
Will I repurchase?
Yes, ok to be part of my makeup train case.

Where to purchase and how much?
At Revlon Counters for Php825.00 (approx $17.95)


Revlon ColorStay Makeup with Softflex SPF6 
in Shade 200 Nude


A close up on the mouth of the bottle, sad to say, my MAC pump does not fit


Tip: Use Cotton Bud/Spatula to get product to prevent wastage


Gently blend it with sponge, brush or fingers


If applied sparingly, blended well on my skin color


Applied on bare face after moisturizing with a wedge sponge.  You can obviously see that nude is a shade or two lighter than my original skin tone.  I actually set this with my Mineraux Skin Perfecting Mineral Foundation which is a 2 shades darker than my skin tone


How say you?
Have you tried this foundation?
Love it? Hate it?
Let me know!

Oh Yeah, if you've noticed the new banner, I want to give a shoutout to my reader Kat for making this.  I appreciate the effort and the nice photo of myself!  I think I like the "cartoon version" of myself better!  *laughs*  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Keep smilin'
Stay happy!
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar