Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

September Purchases

I know we are half way through October but when I say I am going to do something, I am going to do it so I have made sure to keep up with my commitment to share how my One In, One Out policy is going and everything I have purchased until the end of the year. I am so behind because I have spent the last month covering Fashion Month and it took a lot of my time but I should now be back to regular scheduling.

I did make a list of everything I purchased throughout September and I have to say I have failed with my idea of spending less spectacularly.


31st August

During my August Purchases post I decided to include the items I had purchased on the 30th July in my August post because it was part of that pay check and I have done the same this month. For some reason when I get money in account I feel the need to treat myself and that is exactly what I did at the end of August.

T K Maxx

I started off my shopping day by heading to my local T K Maxx. I always pop in to have a look to see what is about and this time I didn't pick up a lot but I managed to find two things that I really wanted. The first thing I found was a perfume. I always take a look at the perfumes but realistically I do not need anymore and they are still quite a high priced item. However, they had one that I was desperate to try which was the Elizabeth and James Nirvana White perfume. I have been longing to try this for years as I watched people pick it up in Sephora Hauls for years and finally this was my chance to try it and at a discount. At first I wasn't sure about it but it has grown on me. It is an incredibly floral scent so you have to like florals to get on board with this scent. 

The second item I picked up was a phone case, not quite as exciting from a beauty point of view but this edges more towards the realms of fashion. I am obsessed with Karl Lagerfeld and everything he has done for the Fashion industry and lately my way of honouring him is through my phone case. Previously I have picked up a Karl phone case from T K Maxx and I loved it but it did get a little tatty so I went back to my Skinny Dip Peach Phone Case but when I saw the pink version of my old Karl phone case I had to pick it up. I mean it was only £7.99 and little Karl now sits on the back of my phone again.

Superdrug

Having thought I was going out a couple of times during September I decided to head to Superdrug to pick out a couple of items, plus I desperately needed some deodorant. In my local store, as you walk in, there is a Revolution stand and they had the new Hydrate and Conceal Foundation and Concealer which I was desperate to try so I decided to pick it up even though I didn't really need it. In all likelihood I am not going to be using the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Winter as it is not the formula I like so I am trying to finish it before opening anything else but as soon as I start using this foundation, there will be a review.

In addition to my foundation, I also picked up 2 sets of Impress Nails. Prior to this year I had never tried fake nails but they are so handy when you are going out and you haven't had your nails done. They are a quick fix which is what I need. I picked out a set I've already had before which is the blue marble set and I picked up a white set. I feel like the white set might be a bit tacky but I really liked the accent nail in this set. It was buy one, get one half price so I did get a discount.

I did of course pick up a new deodorant and I always buy the Dove Maximum Protection deodorant. It works, what more do I need to say.

The Body Shop

Moving on, I did pop into The Body Shop just to have a look and some Cactus Blossom products caught my eye. I didn't expect to see any of this as it is limited edition so when I saw that they got more stock in, I had to buy some more. Luckily it was buy one get one half price and I had a £5 voucher so for the two tubs I ended up spending £7.50. What a bargain.

6th September

After my complete score in T K Maxx at the start of the month, I ended up going back to see if I could get anything else and I managed to luck out when it came to Anastasia Beverly Hills. I am always excited to see the brand in the UK and especially at a discount so I ended up picking up a few items.

Initially I eyed up some of the Liquid Glows as there were 4 different shades. I ended up picking out Perla and Oyster. Perla is a pale White Gold whilst Oyster is a pink glitter and I have been alternating between using one of them everyday. I also picked up one of the Stick Foundations. They mostly had the contour shades but there was one foundation shade which was Warm Natural. Even though it wasn't a perfect match I decided to give it a go anyway and I am so glad I did because I do think the foundation is great, I just wish it was the right shade. The final two products were two Liquid Lipsticks, I picked them up in the shades Naked and Dusty Rose. I already knew I liked the liquid lipsticks but Naked has been one of my most worn lipsticks this month.

All of these products were at such a good price and I was thrilled to be able to try some of them because I had been eyeing up the Liquid Glows and the Foundation for a long time but they are so bloody expensive for products you don't know if you will get on with.

7th September

If my Brother and I have the same day off we will usually go out for a Sibling Bonding day and the 7th just happened to be one of those days. We usually go out for a bit of food and then do a bit of shopping and that was what we did. I did a little bit more shopping than my brother but that is to be expected. A moth genuinely flew out of my brothers wallet once.

Primark 

I dragged my brother into Primark and it was sort of in between Summer/Autumn so there wasn't much I liked but I did buy a cute Summer dress and some scrunchies. I am obsessed with scrunchies at the moment because I think they add a bit of fun to an outfit. When I saw a set of pink and black scrunchies, I had to pick them up.

The scrunchies actually suited the dress I picked up which was a ditsy floral dress. I mean do I buy anything other than floral prints these days? I really liked the shape of this dress and felt it was slightly different from anything else I own. I also didn't own anything else in this colour. I thought this would translate well for Autumn with a pair of tights and some black combat boots. This entire Primark shop came to less than £20.

Victoria's Secret

Primark was where the modest spending ended. When I went into Victoria's Secret they had a pair of knickers that matched a bra I had purchased whilst I was in London in August. This is the matching thong to the copy Fleur Du Mal bra that I decided to buy despite my better judgement. This was quite expensive but I have worn this thong quite a lot as it is surprisingly comfy. Having bought this set I have been inspired to try and treat myself to the real thing.

The Kooples

I often speak about The Kooples on my blog, and on Instagram, and on the 7th I received an email saying that it was the last day of their online outlet and I had been eyeing up a couple of pieces so I finally took the plunge and treated myself to two items. The first one I wasn't too sure about. It was part of The Kooples x Playboy collection and it was a cropped sweatshirt with a Playboy magazine print on the front. I really loved the design on the front but I wasn't sure about the embellished Playboy sleeves but since I bought it I have got so much wear out of it and I love it. This was supposed to be around £130 but in the outlet it was £41. This was not worth £130 but well worth £41.

The second item was a dress. I have been waiting to buy my first The Kooples dress because they are so bloody expensive and I have finally bought my first one. I had actually been eyeing this up last year as a potential for my Christmas party. I bought this as a potential Christmas party dress but we actually aren't having one at work this year so instead this is going to be worn at one of the many weddings I have been invited to next year. I bought it in the size XXS and it just about fits. One thing I will say about The Kooples is that the sizing comes up small, I probably should have got a size XS but it is too late now.

12th September

T K Maxx

Bloody hell, how obsessed was I with T K Maxx during September? This was my third trip but the reason I made this one was because I had seen someone had picked up a couple of Eve Lom products and I wanted to see if I could get some of the Rescue Mask and thankfully they did have some. I've had the Rescue Mask before and I loved it but it is so expensive. I haven't been able to buy it for a long time. This is normally £35 but it was £16.99 so I had to buy some. My skin has been really bad lately so this has come at a good time. 

I did also add a Ciate Polish to my basket which was only £2.99 and it is a light nude which I do like to wear during Autumn so I know I am going to get a lot of use out of this one.

13th September

For some reason I really felt like online shopping on the 13th September and I placed two orders on two of my favourite websites. One I had been considering for a few days and the second was an impulse purchase as I knew it would sell out really quickly. 

Beauty Bay

When sales happen sometimes you just have to take the opportunity to buy some items you have always wanted to try, when they are that little bit cheaper. For some reason on the 13th September two online stores has discounts, both featuring items I wanted to try. The first was Beauty Bay. As it was a year since they launched their own makeup they had a 50% off sale on all of their products and it seemed liked the perfect time to finally test them. I have had a few requests to test their products and the sale meant I was finally able to try a large selection. 

I picked out four products, mostly eye products and a highlight as they were the ones I wanted to try the most. I made sure to get one of the 9 Pan Palettes because I feel like the EYN Palettes are the most hyped and they also do a 42 shadow palette so I wanted to test the quality of the shadows. I then picked out the You x Beauty Bay Aloha Beaches Palette. It was a different style of palette and I really loved the colour scheme. I have to say having tried it, I am quite disappointed with this palette but there will be more on that in my dedicated blog posts. 

The final eye product I purchased was one of the Liquid Crystal Eyeshadows as I wanted to know if it was going to be a good alternative to the Stila Glitter & Glow Eyeshadows which are eye-wateringly expensive. The final product was one of the Gelee Highlighters in Marshmallow Moonlight. Cute name but awful product. 


Lounge Underwear

I placed my Beauty Bay order in the morning before I went to work but whilst I was at work, I received an email from Lounge saying that they had added more pieces to their outlet. I love Lounge Underwear they honestly have found the perfect balance between sexy and comfortable and I would happily wear it all the time if I could afford it, or if they would send me some (hint, hint.)

Lounge has put their Intimates range and some apparel into the outlet and I have been desperate to get my hands on some of the intimates. The intimates range were more expensive than their standard sets and they are designed to be a little bit more sexy and they are a complete set so you get a suspender belt as well. I've made it quite clear on my blog and Instagram that I am a big fan of lingerie, I just love how it makes me feel so I really wanted to know how the intimates compared with the normal Lounge bras but also how they compare to some of my other lingerie like Bluebella and Agent Provocateur. I will be doing a full blog post on this but I will say that this set is lovely and I do think it was worth the money. Even in the outlet this was £50 but that is much better than the £80 Lounge were charging.

There wasn't much in my size but I managed to get the Layla Set which I had been eyeing up. The other sets I did think about were the Louise Set and the Madeline Set but they did not have my size. It is worth checking out the Lounge outlet but if you are a small size like me, currently there is nothing in our size. 

20th September

Karen Millen

September tragically brought the end of another high street brand, Karen Millen. Karen Millen has been around for as long as I can remember and it is sort of similar to Ted Baker, it is that mid-range price range and slightly more luxury. However, this has done it no favours and they went into administration. Boohoo bought the online portion of the brand but all of the stores have closed. As all of the stores had to close really quickly, they sold off all of their stock and even the store fixtures. I went in a few times and nothing stood out to me and then I went in on the 20th and they had the dress in the picture above and it looked very me.

It had a price tag on it but only the original price which was £140, but it was up 60% off everything I knew it wasn't that price. I didn't know how much of a discount it would have. I tried it on and liked the fit so I asked how much it was. When it came up at £55 I decided to buy it. This is my one piece from Karen Millen before the brand doesn't exist. I will wear this with a denim jacket on weekends and if I get a job where I can wear what I want, this dress will be great.

28th September

Zara

My final purchase of the month was a Zara purchase. I do not get on with Zara as I am very petite and their sizing is typically too big for me. However, they had so many clothes I liked whilst I was in there and I ended up trying a lot on. There were a few pieces I liked but I fell in love with a high neck grey top and a floral skort. I liked the combination and the outfit it created but I also knew I would get a lot of wear out of them individually.

This whole outfit came to just under £20; the top was £9.99 and the skort was discounted to £9.99. It is a shame that it is no longer Summer but I will pair this with a pair of nude tights on warmer days and hopefully I will be able to wear this through Autumn.

You might also like:
September: One in..
August: One In..
Bicester Village
July: One in..
June Purchases

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar